Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Digital Pinhole Pics

HI! I made a pinhole camera out of a cardboard box* and then put my digital camera in it to take these photos. I lightened and increased the saturation on a few of them to make them more like my memory of that lovely, ghoslty image I saw when I put that box over my head.

* How I did it:
  1. punch a hole in the center of one end of the box;
  2. hang a sheet of tracing paper several inches away so that the image projects on it;
  3. cover all the light seeps in the edges and corners with black tape;
  4. drape a black cloth over the opening to either look or take a photo.
Note: I tried to shoot video but the image is too dark and needs a longer exposure, so the still setting is what finally worked best.



The Camera


Digital photos of the images it made:













2 comments:

John Steiner Arts said...

Cool, they look like old spy surveillance photos, low-rez and mysterious...

Unknown said...

How's that for modern times: when the digital camera meets the card-board box... nice, lovely effect!